My top favorite books I’ve read in 2018 and my top 3 dislikes.
Likes and Why
1. Ghosted by Rosie Walsh . Without giving anything away because WOW. I lost it . I didn’t want to read it when I first heard about it but I gave it a chance and here we are. Its a book where if you know what happens in the end you dont want to read it.
2. . Everything Everything. Nicola Yoon. A girl who is allergic to the world falls in love with the boy next door. This was an obsessive read. I finished it in one evening. I couldn’t but it down.
3. A Polaroid Guy in a Snapchat World by David Spade. Why I love this audio book, I love David Spade. He is so funny! This did not disappoint. He ‘performs’ the book so its like “seeing” his stand up act. I loved all the Chris Farley memories.
4. Me before You by Jojo Moyes. I already knew what was going to happen before I read this book from seeing the movie previews and putting two and two together. I cried almost non stop for half the book. Jojo makes you fall for Louisa and Will, hard. I still have not watched the movie yet.
5. Sadie by Courtney Summers. This book broke my heart. Its gut wrenching and dark. I was not expecting it to be so. It pulls you in and you need to know what happens next.
In Her Skin, The Light We Lost, Bonfire, The Kiss Quotient , The Good Girl, The Woman in the Window, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, The Wife Between Us, Then She Was Gone, & The Cheerleaders.
Dislikes and Why
1. Suck it , Wonder Woman by Olivia Munn. I think I skipped a good chunk of it. I thought it would be funny. Nope.
2. Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick. Not much of a fan as I thought I was. Another one I skimmed. Too early in life/ career for an autobiography.
3.The Perfect Neighbors by Sarah Pekkanen . I really couldn’t get in to this book until the end. Too many characters to keep track of.
I plan to do book reviews in the near future ( like next month) . I dont want to spoil any books though. I hate that. I think I might start another blog for the reviews and post the link and a little snippet here.
Happy New Year!!
Until next time….